Top 8 Tips to make most out of ‘work from home’ on daily basis
Apr 20, 2020
Laura Bielecki, Senior Manager – Interior Design at Ellington Properties, leading design-led Dubai developer, offers tips on how to manage remote working on daily basis.
- First thing in the morning clean and disinfect your workspace. Make sure your phone, keyboard, mouse, desk, chair arms are all clean and ready for the day.
- Put on some background music, get the room temperature/humidity just the way you like it.
- Make yourself a serving platter with all the great inspiring and energising items that will get you through your morning. A great coffee or tea in your favourite mug. Have a bowl of a few healthy snacks like almonds, cut fruits or veg nearby. Make yourself a large pitcher of water, consider adding fruits to make it exciting with a glass to refill.
- Make a list of what you would like to achieve for the day in order of priority. Tackle the hardest, most tedious or items you want to do least first, so you get them out of the way.
- Make sure you check in with your team and boss daily to ensure the flow of information, expected tasks and deadlines is all understood.
- Make sure to get up from your chair often, stretch, grab a coffee, check in with your family/friends etc.
- Choose a certain day or hour for extracurricular learning. This could be in the form of web tutorials, live learning sessions, team brainstorms and so on within your field. Make it a habit. It’s the perfect time to expand your knowledge, new ways of doing things and what other industry professionals have been up to.
- Find your best time to do fitness. For most, doing a quick 30-minute workout before you start work is the equivalent of a good jolt of caffeine. It will open up your mind, get you focused and feeling fresh. Make it part of your daily routine.